Parallel to his academic work, Professor Gutzwiller founded the Information Management Group, a management and IT consulting firm. In over 18 years at the helm, ultimately as Chairman of the Board of Directors, he developed the university start-up into a global player with more than 700 employees across Europe, the Americas and Asia.
Following the merger of the Information Management Group with the S&T Group PLC, Vienna, Professor Gutzwiller focused once again on his university career. In 2006 he was appointed Director of the Executive School of Management, Technology and Law at the University of St. Gallen, a post he holds to this day. Professor Gutzwiller is also a partner of GWPartner AG – Gutzwiller Wachsmann Partner – a management consulting boutique specialized in the mechanics and psychology of growth.
In this capacity Professor Gutzwiller sits on numerous supervisory, advisory and foundation boards: Key Mandates are:
- St. Galler Kantonalbank (Chairman of the Board)
- EGS Beteiligungen AG (Chairman of the Board)
- ELCA Informatique SA (Chairman of the Board)
- Manres AG (Chairman of the Board)
- Goldman Sachs (Member of the Advisory Board/Regional Advisor Switzerland)
- Generali Personenversicherungen AG & Generali Allgemeine Versicherungen AG (Member of the Board)
- Ernst Göhner Stiftung (Member of the Board)
- Fondation Botnar (President of the Board)